Based the famous ELI Distressor compressor, Softube “Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp” is released.
Precisely modelled in close collaboration with Dave Derr, Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp offers high-calibre, one-of-a-kind saturation/compression based on the famous ELI Distressor.
A punchy preamp that’s available before the CompSat circuitry, and three different emphasis modes—plus NUKE!—enable multi-stage distortion and quick changes to the character of the saturation/compression behaviour.
Available for the first time as a native plug-in, Mike-E makes it a total blast to go overboard. And when you do, you’re rewarded with nary a hint of harshness—no matter how far you push it to the extreme.
Excess without consequence? That’s rock & roll. And it’s what makes Mike-E your man in the box.
- An expert component modelled native plugin version of the Empirical Labs Mike-E hardware
- Warm and punchy preamp up to +18 dB of gain
- Hi-Pass and Phase, vintage style 18 dB/octave at 80 Hz
- Multistage soft-clipping saturator in CompSat section with Drive and Toasty/Warm meter
- Three emphasis modes in CompSat section (HF, HF2, LF)
- Compressor in CompSat section based on the Distressor
- The famous NUKE mode in compressor
- Ratio presets: BYP, 1:1, 2:1, 4:1, 8:1 & NUKE
- Attack times in ms: 0.9, 8, 12, 20, 100 • Release times in s: 0.05, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5
- External Sidechain
- Dry/Wet mix
Regular price $249 on sale for only $199.