A chaotic monosynth that uses a brand double-pendulum-oscillator, Eventide “Pendulate” is available for free.
Pendulate is a chaotic monosynth that uses a brand new double-pendulum-oscillator to create previously unheard sounds – biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures.
It can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
- Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again.
- Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF.
- Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE.
- Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings.
- MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers.
- Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once like a modular synth should.
- Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane.
- Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation.
- Three unique colour schemes to customize your look.
- 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange and Matthew Wang.
- Support for new tunings via MTS-ESP. (This is a new tuning standard from ODDSound being implemented across the industry with backing from Aphex Twin.)
- Master pitch modulation to the Pitch Bend knob. (This allows for vibrato which was an oversight that it wasn’t in 1.0. It also allows for pitch envelopes and arpeggio style sequences when using the Sequencer.)
- Modulation to the LFOs, Envelopes, and S+H module. (This is a power user feature, but it really opens up the modulation system. Modelled after modular synths)
- LOOP mode for Envelopes, turning them into LFOs. (Functionally bringing Pendulate from 1 to 2 LFOs)
- Modulatable Output Level control to the LFOs and Sample and Hold modules. The bipolar switch allows them to be bipolar outputs. (More flexibility in modulation programming)
No iLok dongle is required to run this software – only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorisation.