Effects based on tape emulation, SuperflyDSP “Lost-Tapes” is available for free.
LoFi effects allows you to obtain vintage aka old-school sound.
Lost-Tapes effect is based on tape emulation, but do not claim to model any hardware model.
Lost-tapes modify with character your sound with state of the art algorithms.
Plugins can be used mainly on instruments (like guitar, vocals or keyboards.), but also on stem track like drum-kit or stacked chord track.
Good to know, as an analog hardware tape recorder, more the input signal amplitude is large, more harmonic distortion is high.
- Tape-type buttons affects mainly the frequency bandwith.
- Artifact add glitch and increase distorsion.
- Depth increase the tape effect.
- Rate increase flutter frequency
- Crunch button add more harmonic distorsion.
- Mix effect allow you to mix dry sound and effected sound to obtain a kind of Chorus.
- Noise slider allow you to increase noise volume.
- Stereo mode add unique wide stereo (especialy effective on synth lead or electric keyboard).